Infrastructure Services for Open Access
We are very pleased to announce that IS4OA/DOAJ has been given a grant from the International Development Research Centre (IDRC) to improve open access publishing practices in the developing world.
The overall objective of the grant is to enhance DOAJ and the open access infrastructure that supports researchers` ability to publish in reputable open access journals.
The specific objectives are:
- To improve the reputation and visibility of open access journals from developing countries
- To increase the knowledge and use of best practices among developing world publishers of open access journals
- To raise awareness among developing world researchers of the threat posed by questionable open access publishers
- To create a web resource that provides researchers with criteria for the identification of reputable open access journals
- To increase the knowledge and use of DOAJ among developing world academics and publishers
DOAJ is now seeking 8-10 full time individuals as DOAJ Ambassadors (10…
View original post 152 more words